Wednesday 21 November 2012

... Safe T-Sign - because of other drivers

Whatever kind of trailer you’re towing, Safe T Signs mean Safe TowingBe seen and be safe when you emerge from junctions or roundabouts, and when you are towing in the dark.

Buy Safe T Signs from our website here:  http://www.safetowing.co.uk/buy-now.htm



Safe T-Sign was Phil's idea.  I asked him how he thought of the idea.


"I'd been towing a 5' x 3' camping trailer over a period of a few years. 

It was really noticeable to me how many times other drivers tried to nose in quickly behind me - busy junctions and roundabouts were a real problem.  On roundabouts in particular, as I passed other vehicles, other vehicles would try and nudge in - in the space where my trailer was, even though I had right of way.

There was nothing I could do to let other people know there was a trailer behind me.

I thought that if you could put something on the car, so that even when other people couldn't see the trailer, they had something to tell them I was towing, that it would help.

It took me a couple of years to do something about it - get a Design Right, get some signs made...."




We also asked people who'd used T-Sign in the past for feedback.  Some of the comments we got back were:


"The main reason i invested in the signs was for safety reasons and plus the fact on a large island I was negotiating with my discovery and twin axle tourer when some idiot had not realised I was towing a nearly 8m long caravan and had tried to slot in by hind my car and then realised his mistake to which i had had to take exceptional driving manoeuvres to avoid a collision. I can express the importance that these signs make to road safety especially when towing coming out of side roads on to main roads even in country lanes especially with motor bikes as they are difficult to see and that they travel so fast and are on top of you in know time at all. When ever i tow i make sure these signs are fitted I would rather be seen than somebody not realise that I am towing until it is too late.  I hope that with your e-mail that you are considering to relaunch such a possible life saving product even if it is just one life saved.  I hope to see more people using the Safe T-Sign on my travels."



"I originally used them when towing a small camping trailer behind a medium sized camper van which hid the trailer. Now having a large motor home, I find them a necessity when towing the small trailer and an extra safety feature when towing my Smart car on a small car trailer to avoid lorries tail ending / side swiping, particularly on motorways. I have had numerous people ask me why I use them but they quickly appreciate the sense of them when the safety aspect is explained."



"Have found the Safe T-Signs very handy when towing especially at night and in bad visability, give other motorists warning of longer vehicle. very easy to apply and store in their pouch."



"They should be mandatory"



We think Safe T-Sign is a positive contribution to road safety.  In Road Safety week, we'd be really interested to hear from people who have experience of their trailer not being seen while towing.  Let us know and tell us whether a Safe T-Sign might have helped!


See our website:

http://www.safetowing.co.uk/index.htm



Whatever kind of trailer you’re towing, Safe T Signs mean Safe TowingBe seen and be safe when you emerge from junctions or roundabouts, and when you are towing in the dark.

Buy Safe T Signs from our website here:  http://www.safetowing.co.uk/buy-now.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment